Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a hotpoint WT965 washing machine. It has been showing

I have a hotpoint WT965 washing machine. It has been showing a F08 error message when the machine is not running (and turned off) and when running the machine an F04 message has come up. i've been able to stop the programme and put it on a spin programme to finish it off but it hasn't gone through the whole programme. It's 6 years old. Can you help?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be the main control board as these two errors don't seem to be linked.
The first is a heater relay problem, the other is a pressure switch problem.

Can you tell me what happens if you select just the spin cycle?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The spin cycle seemed to work

Hi Tracy

Great
The next thing to try is a set of rinses and see if it goes through to spin and finish

Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have done one rinse and spin cycle already which worked. Do i need to do a few?

Hi
OK, I asked you to do just the spin first, so assumed thats what you'd done, but if it did the rinses and spin , thats fine

You now need to try a wash on the coldest cycle, probably 30 or 40.

Let me know if you get an error code and when it happens in the cycle.

I will be off line shortly, but post back and ill reply when im back

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I ran a 30 programme and it worked this time! I have noticed a small amount of water that seems to be leaking from the back of the machine so don't know if that is relevant?

Hi Tracy

Great
Now the final test, and this is when you may get the error.
Run a 60 degree wash and again look for if and when it gives you an error and let me know
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it's now stopped on the wash cycle and says H20!

Hi Tracy

Thanks
Im posting you a message right now, so please hold on

Rob
Hi

OK
You have now had three error messages. None of them are related.
THis would lead me to believe that you have an issue with the main control board, as this is want generates the error code.
This is quite expensive to replace and is not an easy item to test at home due to its complex electronics.

Let me get you an all inclusive quote for the repair as it includes all parts.

Can you tell me your postcode please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oh dear! Thank you. The washing machine has started its cycle again by the way!!!

my postcode is NE45 5BW

Tracy

Hi Tracy

Thanks
Ok, the cheapest option is £125. This includes the call out, all labour, ALL PARTS and the vat
Please go here to book it.

You say its 6 years old, really it depends more on the use. If you use it more than twice a week, it may be better to think of putting the money toward a new one, but obviously, the choice is yours.
If you need more help, please just ask. In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Rob.

I just wanted to check one last thing with you if that's ok.

There is a small leak at the back of the machine I can't see exactly where it's coming from. Is this likely to be something different that we may need to spend more money on to fix it?

Thanks

Tracy

Hi Tracy

Its really difficult to say, without seeing it or knowing where its coming from. I doubt that its related to the problems with the error messages, but until we locate the leak I can be 100% sure.

If its nothing too serious, I would think the engineer would fix this at the same time as the major repair.

Please don't forget to rate my responses, as this is how I get credit for helping you with this problem

Thanks
Rob