UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Bosch dishwasher

My dish washer will not...
My dish washer will not heat water and cycle continues showing 1 after timer has finished
4/15/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There is likely a door switch that is between the neutral and the heater. Have you tested the door switches? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Shv55m03gb/79
Thank you. Access and test the door switches and let me know what you find. Often times, you will see that the terminals are discolored on the switch or the plastic body is slightly melted or disfigured where the wires are attached.
As I said before
I have replaced all the switches or relays on the pcb .
There are no burn connections anywhere and everything looks fine ?
Could it be the heating element ?
Relist: Other.
Kelly is only online at night
Relist: Answer came too late.
Please can someone help with my bosch dishwasher today and not in the middle of the night.
Is there anyone online that knows why my bosch keeps running and no hot water is inside?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Good morning, does this seem to be draining and draining and draining but not really taking the water out? Does it sound like the pump just keeps running all the time? You say there is water in it but it's not heating is that correct?

Hi
Yes this is what it seems to be doing
I researched it a bit and on the Internet it recommended changing the relays on the control board
I have done this but it has not fixed the problem.
No heat in the water at all.
The clock counts down to 1 but then just continued
Okay this sounds like it's stuck in what's called a flood mode, in the bottom of the dishwasher underneath there is a base pan in that base pan there is a float, if there is any kind of water in this at all (in the base pan) the pump will continue to run and try to empty the base pan, I know this is difficult but I need you to do one thing. You need to remove the machine from under the counter get a towel and tipped the machine towards the left side at about a 45° angle to drain the water from the base pan. That is the first thing you need to check before going any further. You need to get the water out and get the float back down into the correct position. This is a common problem on these dishwashers, there may only be like one quarter of an inch of water or less and this can happen, Can you try that and then try the machine again ?
Is there a way of doing this without tipping the machine ?
The reason is that it had been tiled in front so will not pull out?
I can use a hose or something
Relist: Answer came too late.
This service gets half answered questions then the technician goes offline?!??
sorry I had internet issues. unfortunately theres no access to the base pan through the front, you are not able to get the machine out at all ?
No it's stuck in
I drained out every last bit
I have a suspicion it's not draining could this be a drain pump
you drained the inside of the dishwasher but the water unfortunately is in the base pan under the dishwasher, it probably isn't the drain pump itself but it could be, its rare though. usually its stuck in flood mode.
I've tried sucking on the drain hose but it seems blocked
There are test functions etc I've tried
The little impeller works .
Any other tricks
that doesn't work unfortunately. your in a real jam because of the floor. give me a few minutes to look some other ways up to do this.
Okay there's one thing I would like you to try this will determine whether your drain pump is running correctly or not, pour about 1 1/2 gallons of hot water from your tap into the bottom of the dishwasher where your dishes go. Close the door and start the machine, let it run about 3 min., Then hit cancel drain, see if the water drains out. If it does your drain pump is working correctly and this is stuck in the flood mode like I said. Sometimes pouring this water in the bottom and running it will reset the machine and possibly it will run correctly, so when you are done look at test try starting the machine normally and see what it does. Let me know, thanks, Bryan
What is cancel drain?

the stop button or cancel button.

Nothing drains
Machine has filled up with water but no drain
okay.you definitely have a bad drain pump then. the problem is the machine needs to be out to replace it. In your case though you say you cant take the machine out. I don't know what to tell you for that unfortunately.
Ok
Bad news
well yes I guess, I wanted to help you but I really don't know how to tell you to get the machine out. I have seen this situation many times, most of the time either some of the tile has to come up or the counter top needs to be lifted to give you room to maneuver the machine out, I know a lot of the time this isn't an option, especially if you have granite counter tops. I can tell you once you have the machine out you need to remove the right side of the machine to get to the drain pump assembly. These machines are made and are completely enclosed with side covers and back, I wish I had better news for you I really do. Thanks very best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician