Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

WHY DOES MY FRIDGE/FREEZER LIGHT KEEP FLASHING ALTERNATELY

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Normally this would indicate a fault that would need to e resolved.

If you need more help, can yu tell me the make and model number and if there are anyother symptoms and if there is a pattern to the flashes?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the make is electrolux. Model No. ENN28600. The green power light flashes alternately with the quick freeze light.

Apologies - only just found your answer - am not very good with computers. Thought the answer would be in an e-mail.

Hi
Thanks
This is normally a failure to keep temperature.
In other words its getting warmer.

You should test the temperature with a thermometer.
Check that the coils at the back are not clogged with dust and that there is sufficient air circulating.

Let me know how it goes

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the freezer is remaining really cold and is built in
so cannot get to back.

Hi
OK
I would still try testing the temperature to be sure.
If it is losing temperature you would be well advised to get it repaired before it looses the food.
If you want an all in quote for a repair, please let me have your postcode

Thanks
Rob