Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

Hi i have a hotpoint rfa17p fridge freezer combo.the fridge

Hi i have a hotpoint rfa17p fridge freezer combo.the fridge keeps freezing up it will freeze the milk solid there is also a build up of frost on the back of the fridge

Drcool :

Hello, Have you tried setting the temperature controller to minimum? Please observe if the compressor at the back would shut off when you turn the thermostat control to its minimum.

Drcool :

If it does cut off, then I would say it is working but you could have set it too high. Counter clock wise is warmer and clock wise rotation of the controller is colder.

Drcool :

If it does not cut off, try to turn the dial all the way counter clock wise and observe if the compressor at the back would stop running. If it doea, then wait 10 minutes, turn the thermostat controller slowly clock wise until the compressor runs again. leave it to that setting.

Drcool :

If the compressor will not stop, then the thermostat controller is bad. You will need to replace it. Thank you.

Customer:

I replaced the thermostat it is ok