UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hi, my whirlpool fridge-freezer keeps displaying AL02 but is

Customer Question
not all the time, just...
Hi, my whirlpool fridge-freezer keeps displaying AL02 but is not all the time, just randomly... I thought it was the ice built at the back of the fridge so I took it off, it was freezing food at 3º so I set it on 4º and now it seems to be ok, but it keeps showing the AL02 code.
The freezer is working good, no ice built.
Do I need to call a technician to have a look?? Thanks for your answer.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/27/2012
UK Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 4 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

.

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

.

thanks

Hi, there´s 2 numbers, one is 854674022640 and the other is 330114014998

Hiya,

sorry, the number you've posted (85 number) is for a dishwasher.

Did you get the number from the label inside the fridge?

.

Thanks

nope, from the instruction manual! I´ll look for the label...ok, there´s 4 different numbers...

Refrigerator/Freezer 3543 - ARC6700 - XXXXXXXXXX - Type CB353W

Hiya,

AL02 is a sensor fault.

.

Do you still get ice forming on the rear wall of the fridge?

.

thanks

Not any more, it has lots of drops but no ice built since I set the fridge temperature in 4º, the freezer has the (I guess) normal ice built, the temperature in the freezer is -18º

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

For some reason the temperature sensor in the freezer is suggesting it's failed.

I'll do some digging into this, see if I can pull some more information up on it.

.

Check the sensors in the freezer, you can normally find one on the underside of one of the shelves.

.

Thanks

I checked the temperature sensor under the bottom shelf of the fridge, it´s green and it displays OK. Is there any other sensor inside the freezer? I just took all the drawers out and didn´t see any, but I saw there´s ice around the tubes...could it be that?

Thanks for your time

Hiya,

Sorry, that's an indicator disc.

.

Can you post the 85 number for the fridge freezer?

Prefix it with A so it's not crossed out.

.

eg. A851500015000

.

thanks

Morning! sorry I disconnected last night. The number is A850167001000,that´s the one on the label inside the fridge, it´s different from the sticker on the instructions manual, the one you said it was a dishwasher. :)

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

.

The diagram for the number you've posted shows a sensor in the freezer, at the back of the top shelf. (there will be a cover over it).

It shows sensor in the fridge behind a cover on the right wall.

.

One of these is being reported as faulty.

If it's working ok, I'd leave well alone, if not, replace both sensors and see if it cures the problem.

If the problem persists, it's either the control board or wiring at fault.

.

Check it out, see how it goes and let me know.

.

Hope this helps

thanks

Hi, sorry I could´t fix the sensors yet so I don´t know if that was the problem. As soon as I do it I`ll let you know.

Thank you!

Hiya,

No problem, just post when you can.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer