The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

Hi. We have a Hotpoint Mistral Frost Free fridge freezer.

Hi. We have a Hotpoint Mistral Frost Free fridge freezer. The fridge appears to have stopped cooling and the temperature is now +13. I thought the freezer was still working, but the temperature in that appears to also be increasing this afternoon. This is now showing a temperature of -18, when it's normally at -22. This may be completely co-incidental, but the night before it happened, we had a series of power cuts during the evening and we believe we also had a couple more during the night. Any ideas would be gratefully received as we really don't want to buy out a new one.
Many thanks.

The Famous Forry :

Hi David here, The Famous Forry.

The Famous Forry :

The problem here may well be the grid at the base of your Hotpoint Mistral. Unplug appliance, remove front grid and vacuum with good strong vacuum using CREVICE tool. You need to get down on the floor and clear the clogged grid filter thouroughly. This may well get your appliance up and running again. failing this then you will need iether a re-gas or control module that realy requires a trained refrigeration engineer to complete. Good luck with the grid cleaning. Possible success rating here is 70%.