The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

Hi, Have an Hoover 6 AAA 1500 fast spin washing machine that

Hi, Have an Hoover 6 AAA 1500 fast spin washing machine that has stopped going through proper wash cycle especially when it comes to spin. It will spin when empty and dial is turned to spin on start up, but is not spinning at end of wash cycle when loaded.
Have checked filter / drain plug and it seems clear, have also looked at belt and that seems okay.
Any help or advice should be very much appreciated, many thanks.
Terry

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'. Providing your machine is draining ok, (pumping out the water at end of cycle within 45 secs for full drum) then I would be removing the main motor and checking the brushes for wear and tear. They may well be in need of replacement. They are a relatively cheap item to replace and will cost around £25 for the pair. I can help you source these parts also if you find this is your problem. Please come back for further help as required regards David, 'The Famous Forry'.

Customer:

Hi David and thank you, XXXXX XXXXX seems to be stopping before going into spin. If this is the fault of the brushes? Where do I find them on the machine please and how easy are they to change? I guess you are thinking main cycle would work even if brushes need changing, but that they could be weak spot with regard to spin?

Customer:

Anyhow David, would much appreciate your further thoughts and advice on the matter. Cheers Terry

The Famous Forry :

HI Terry, The 'Brushes' are located in the main motor, usually 2 or 3 bolts to remove. They are a set, (2 Brushes) and are made of carbon. They wear down with use and are spring loaded. Often the machine will still apear to wash when they first wear, so worth removing motor to eliminate these first. Please let me know your findings. Isolate FIRST!

Customer:

Okay David, shall try, thank you

The Famous Forry :

Best of luck. Please advise later, thankyou.

Customer:

Hi David, Seem on checking through all again to have found problem as machine working again. The problem was a coin in the filter/ drain case. When searching for blockage with fingers not being able to see inside, it initially felt like a part of fitment as it seemed to pivot round like a sort of valve disc. Realised eventually it was a foreign body ie coin, so pulled it out with long nose pliars and now working okay.

Customer:

So while not the brushes, your advice was sound so thanks again, perhaps discount next time?

Customer:

Cheers

The Famous Forry :

Fair comment, my original comment was 100% correct though.(from first line of original answer)

******** Quote********* 'Providing your machine is draining ok, (pumping out the water at end of cycle within 45 secs for full drum)

Customer:

Absokutely

Customer:

ABSOLUTELY THANKS AGAIN EXCELLENT