The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

My hotpoint machine works fine but makes a noise like a train

My hotpoint machine works fine but makes a noise like a train when it spins - is it the bushes and can they be replaced

The Famous Forry : Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'. Your most likely cause of this noise is not the brushes. Please reply with your appliance model number and approximate. Age. Thanks.
Customer:

Hello. I own an Aquarius WF320G approx 6 or 7 years old

The Famous Forry : Hi again and thank you for the information. The most likely cause of this noise when inning is the 'Drum Bearrings'. They are relatively cheap and come in a 'Drum Bearring Kit'. The cost of the kit would be about £15 to £25. The actual job is a little more tricky. I can complete this job from start to finish in around 45 minutes - 1 hour. For a novice I would allocate around 2-3 hours. I can take you through the dismantling and rebuilding if you would like me to. So realistically your machine could be up and running smoothly again for as little as £15. Awaiting your reply, David, 'The Famous Forry'.
Customer:

Dear Forry,

Customer:

Great advice but won't be able to fix myself due to mechanical ineptitude - will need to get someone in, so, where to look for said person and price I might expect to pay would be good advice, otherwise am v happy with your advice so far and will take it to the next step myself with a handy booklet our local council gives out with recommended workmen/businesses listed.

The Famous Forry : What area are you living. You can type into GOOGLE, Yell.com and search for washing machine repair on your area. You can expect to pay about £70 for bearings only and £95 if you require the sbh
The Famous Forry : Require the shaft assembly, that should read. I can source parts and best deal on new machines also. Thanks regards XXXXX XXXXX Forry'
Customer:

Thanks. I'll have a look for someone - shall I rate you now? It won;t let me at the moment. I'll be giving you the mega smiley face

Thank you so kindly, good luck with the this turns out and come back to me anytime regards David.'The Famous Forry'