UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a problems with hoover nextra condenser dryer its

hi i have a problems...
hi i have a problems with hoover nextra condenser dryer its keeps clicking and turning back off, on some settings it gets hot then stops, i have cleaned condenser unit, fluff collector and water tank (not getting much water in it)
9/11/2012
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Regards

HNC382T -80

Hi

.

How long does it run for before the dryer cuts out?

Also once it cuts out can you restart it stright away?

.

Regards

not long on some settings and no usually a good few hours before it will start again, but other settings it will run cut out, run cut out , like switching on and off so can dry small items but noisy as it beeps when it does it

Hi

Ok stupid question but have you checked the plug socket?

.

Try the dryer in a different plug socket and see if it does the same then.

.

Regards

its been ok since last september when i got it fixed, similar problem, they looked at it twice as first time the said it was ok then it did it again few days later

Hi

Ok if the power supply is fine then its more then likely the control unit im afraid.

.

If it cuts out and doesnt start for a while the its proberly the control unit and will need to be replaced.

As in a dryer there isnt much in there which can cause this.

.

Regards

is that something i could do myself then?

Hi

.

If you are quite handy at diy then yes you should be fine.

.

Remove the top and from there you will be able to access the board.

You will be able to swap it over from there.

.

Regards

where would i get the part from, hoover? or spares?

Hi

You can try these as they have it

.

Click here

.

Or any online spares site will have the part.

.

Regards

thank you very much for your help :)

Hi

Your welcome.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician