UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

my bosch super silence dishwasher (SMI 69 TO5EU/15) runs, but

ends the cycle very early...
my bosch super silence dishwasher (SMI 69 TO5EU/15) runs, but ends the cycle very early. If you try 'auto' cycle it tells you 2;29mins at first, but then finishes and turns off after about 15mins, the detergent drawer has not opened and nothing is hot although dishes are wet. The same happens with other cycles. Any ideas?
7/7/2012
ed michaels
ed michaels, Appliance Tech

ed michaels :

Hi, it sounds like the heating element. Are you planning to work on machine yourself. about how old is it? ed

Customer:

Hi, I think it is only about 3yrs old, we bought it second hand about 6 months ago and it worked OK. I do not want to start taking it apart myself unless it is dead easy, but if I have to get parts i might as well have them fitted too.

Customer:

does the display not have error messages if there is a problem?

ed michaels :

Not always. Your display may not be 100%. Your heater is not operating. It could be the heater but it could also be 2 or 3 other things. your right about parts and fitting. look for a fixed price quote, juat in case. make sense? ed

Hi, we seem to have lost contact. I hope my answer was helpful. Let me know if I can help further. Ed
Hi, sorry but I got tied up with other things over the weekend. I thought Bosch were supposed to be reliable and last for longer than other makes, that is why I bought it. Surely the heater should not pack up after three years? Is this not a big expense to get fixed?
Hi, sorry about the bad news. Its a frustrating situation.Bosch is a good machine but with electronic control boards and touchpads monitoring energy consumption and replacing mechanical switches and timers, todays major appliances are not the warhorses of the past. They are increasingly controlled by miniature pc boards and chips that are too small to repair, difficult to test, and expensive to replace. This makes DIY diagnosis and repair a step by step process. To start,if you have a multimeter, you can open machine, access heater, and check for continuity, but it doesn't sound like you'd be up to that. Otherwise, you can check costs by clicking on BoschRepair for their plan and warranties. For comparison, you can click on repaircare for a fixed parts and labor estimate (no matter what the problem turns out to be), or this link Click here to find a local engineer for local service with parts extra. You could compare quotes. It's up to you. I hope this answer is helpful if not welcome. Either way, let me know what you think. If you'd like another opinion, I will opt out and reopen question to other experts. Make sense? ed
ed michaels
ed michaels, Appliance Tech

Hi, we seem to have lost contact. Let me know if I can help further. ed

As i do not have very much time or inclination to do this myself I have asked a serviceman to visit and wanted to have his opinion before responding.
Regards
I see. let me know what happens. best of luck with your repair.ed
ed michaels
ed michaels
ed michaels, Appliance Tech