UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

my condenser dryer is not drying clothes properly. It does

Customer Question
not seem to be pumping...
my condenser dryer is not drying clothes properly. It does not seem to be pumping out the water properly although I can here the pump working
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/18/2012
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

WT46W560 GB/07

Hi

Are you getting the water light comming on?

Is the drum turning?

Regards

Drum turns. What is the water light? I do get the water symbol in the digital display.

Hi

Has the dryer only just started to do this?

Is the water tray at the top empty?

Regards

In the last week. Water tray does hold water but never very much whereas it did used to fill up.

Hi

Ok if you want to check yourself on this then you need to remove the top and the right hand side panel.

From there you will see the workings at the bottom. In there is the pump, Take this out of the chamber and give it a good clean out and then blow through the hoses.

Then retry the dryer and see how that goes.

Also check the filters aswell and make sure the condenser filter in the bottom left is clear aswell.

If this is all fine then it could be something to do on the heat pump side. As the dryers don't have a heater in there. They use a compressor like on a fridge and the condenser which generates the heater is blown into the dryer to dry the clothes. Which if this is the problem then this is a major repair thats if this is the fault.

So best thing to do is check the pump out and see what you find.

But these dryers are quite new so if its under 2 years old then it will still be under warranty so you will be best getting Siemens out to repair it if under 2 years.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician