UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My apartment has a GE Nautlius GSD3400G00WW. The detergent…

Customer Question
my apartment has a GE...
my apartment has a GE Nautlius GSD3400G00WW. The detergent is apparently leaking out of the soap dispenser, and onto the floor. Please help!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
4/16/2012
UK Appliance Technician: AUSSIE Repair Tech, Home Appliance Tech replied 6 years ago
AUSSIE Repair Tech
AUSSIE Repair Tech, Home Appliance Tech

Hi there and thank you for your question, sorry for the delayed response, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today.

At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting. At the end of our session, please remember to hit the accept button (Or smiley face), so I may be paid for my services here.

Now, let’s get started regarding your question

The detergent is leaking from inside of the door and down onto the floor in your kitchen?

Please just confirm the dispensor is in fact on the inside of the door please??

it is inside the door.
I need to know, is it leaking through the gap between the cabinet and the door, or, from inside the door itself?? between the door skin panel>?
It's leaking through the bottom of the dishwasher door, as if the soap is not staying in the soap dispenser.
In that case, you will need a new dispensor fitted to the dishwasher,,,

If it wont stay closed, the clip/spring assembly is worn out,,,requiring replacement*

If it is leaking inside the door, then out the bottom, then you still need a new dispensor, but tighten any visible screws on the dispensor and see how that goes also first*
Does GE actually carry replacement soap dispensors? That is to say, a new top that can be securely closed and locked to prevent leaking?
Im pretty sure they do yes, it just depends on how old the machine is, and how many GE suppliers are in your area** that can get the parts,,,