UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an integrated Candy dishwasher model CDI 1012/2-80,

Customer Question
about 3 years old, which...
We have an integrated Candy dishwasher model CDI 1012/2-80, about 3 years old, which is flashing 4 lights -the instruction book suggests this is an overfill of water. We've tipped it up as suggested for similar posts but no water was released, also after taking the sides off there is no sign of water/ any leak. Occasionly when turning on after a day or so the lights may stop flashing and allow a cycle - this runs fine, water is pumped out as you'd expect etc. However when turning on the next time the 4 lights will come on again. Unsure what to do next, any suggestions what the problem may be/ how to check or test this (I'm not an electrical person so wouldn't know how to electrically test parts)/ how much the solution may cost.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
4/14/2012
UK Appliance Technician: SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
SparePartsPro
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
SparePartsPro :

Hello There - My name is ***** ***** I am more than happy to help with your question today.

How many lights in total are there on the control panel and out of these which 4 lights are flashing.

Customer:

there are 5 lights (5 programs) and the first 4 on the left are flashing

SparePartsPro :

When the error message comes up, is there still water in the sump.

Customer:

if the sump is the recess in the bottom where the filters sit (sorry if this isn't the place you mean) then there is no water in this area at the moment and the error is appearing

SparePartsPro :

So this signifies the drain pump is working.
The antiflood signal is coming from the pressure switch on the left hand side.
The switch may be stuck on high level.
Try removing the rubber tube from the switch and blowing down it to remove any debris.

Customer:

hi sorry but this is the first time i've tried to find appliance parts. Where abouts is the pressure switch, is this inside the machine itself or behind the side panel, what will it look like?

SparePartsPro :

Pull the appliance out on to the floor.
Take off the left side panel.
The pressure switch is fitted to the bottom of the dishwasher with a rubber tube connected to it.

SparePartsPro :

OK I've been called out on a repair so just reply back when you can I'll be back later.

Best regards Tony

Customer:

ok,

Customer:

I've now done the following:

Customer:

have detched one end of a rubber tube running from the side of the sump to a reservoir full of salt (or something that is now an orange colour) and blown down that.

Also inside the left panel are 3 other tubes: a white one one which runs from the water inlet to a thin plastic chamber high up on the side (I've not touched this one) and two black ones which come out the bottom of this chamber to a) a soft water valve and b) a water reservoir next to the reservoir with the salt. I've removed the top end of both of these and blown through the tubes. still no joy

Customer:

think i've found the problem, there is a piece of polystyrene with a switch on top, no tubes to it. It looks as though if there is water in the base the polystyrene will float and trigger the switch. playing with this, lifting it triggers the 4 lights, pressing it down and the lights don't come on. I will adjust the polystyrene so the switch isn't so sensitive.

SparePartsPro :

OK that float switch is the anti flood mechanism.
Don't try adjusting it just remove the water from the base and the switch will reset it self.
Test the machine with the panels off. If it triggers the error message again then you have a leak of water somewheree.
Let me know what you find.

Customer:

there was no water in the base, but the switch did seem to trigger the four lights on and off. ran a cycle whch again worked fine, no water left in the sump etc. However afterwards if I wanted to run another cycle the lights have again come on and the float switch is definitely not being triggered.

SparePartsPro :

If you manually operate the switch does this make the lights go on and off.
It could be that the float is stuck in the high position.
Try disconnecting the float switch to eliminate this part of the circuit, insulate the ends and then run the cycle.
What difference does it make.