UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a second hand 11 year Whirlpool Fridge Freezer made

Customer Question
in USA model 3XART7456W00 and...
I have a second hand 11 year Whirlpool Fridge Freezer made in USA model 3XART7456W00 and the cold water tap drips. I have turned off the water supply. Where is the water valve? Can I change it myself when I have found it?
You asked this UK Appliance question on 3/3/2012 for £22.
BUT I NEVER SAW YOUR REPLY - I PRESSED ACCEPT ANSWER HOOPING TO READ SOMETHING!! PLEASE HELP ME AGAIN.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/3/2012
UK Appliance Technician: mranswer, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
mranswer
mranswer, Home Appliance Technician
The answer was viewed that I posted and it was not accepted. This is a duplicate post of what you have already asked, so stay with the original post.
Am I to understand that you are not able to help me with this question as I have not been able to read any answer. The status keeps saying "We are waiting for you"
To repeat what I answered before- the valve is what the water line from your house connects to at the fridge. It is easily replaced and seen. I have no idea why you cannot see my answer from before as it indicates it was viewed.
I was hoping you could tell me how to remove which parts of this complex Whirlpool Fridge Freezer in order to access the valve. Undoing the two screws at the front where the electric contact switch is has not indicated where the valve may be hidden.
You are making this too complicated- follow the water line that supplies it as I said and you will see the valve.
For future reference, the detailed advice I was expecting might have been on the following lines:
Follow the water line inlet and it will take you to the water filter.
From there it returns to an electric valve which splits the water to both the drinking tap outlet and to the ice making chamber.
To access this blue, moulded plastic valve, remove the two screws which appear to hold only the water inlet pipe bracket but actually secure the entire valve assembly with its one inlet and two outlet pipes.

Well I have done this now!

I wonder whether you can recommend a source to obtain a replacement valve which I will order on line?
Is it possible to pick up on this conversation of last week? As I have received the valve and it is not what I was looking for. I can send you a photo of the part I want. Is this possible?
mranswer
mranswer
mranswer, Home Appliance Technician