UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hi, I have a Bosch Classixx 1000 Express washing machine that

Customer Question
has recently (last few days)...
Hi, I have a Bosch Classixx 1000 Express washing machine that has recently (last few days) started to trip the electricity at the mains fuse board (downstairs socket switch). The machine might run for between 30 seconds and ten minutes before tripping the switch and shutting itself off. The tumble dryer beside it runs fine on its own and does not trip the switch, so I figure there is a power surge coming from the washing machine. Is it worth arranging a call-out to repair or should I just replace the machine now? The washing machine is just under six years old and probably sees intensive usage, given the house it is in has been let to students for the past number of years.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/17/2012
UK Appliance Technician: NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician

NeilWill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

NeilWill :

With such heavy use of rental and all those students you may be better off replacing the machine.

What could cause a power surge in this machine and what could it cost to remedy?
If the local power was out when it is restored it sometimes causes a power surge at the initial restart. Or if there was a thunder or lightning storm this may also cause a power surge.

It is possible there may be a shorted wire in the power cord or any switch or wire harness in this machine causing the tripping of the circuit too!
It is you call if you feel you would like to try investing in a hands on tech once before deciding to replace this 6 year old washer. This is a great machine.
It did get a tremendous amount of use in that past six years as you described earlier.
NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
NeilWill
NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician