The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

We ran pyrolytic self cleaning on our HB55 Siemens oven yesterday.

We ran pyrolytic self cleaning on our HB55 Siemens oven yesterday. Every attempt to open the door to the oven after has failed. The power has not been off during the process! We have waited and the oven was comletely cool. We have tried to switch of the power afterwards and tried to run the self cleaning program again, nothing works. How do we get the door to the over open?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

The safety locking device has jammed and you will need to remove oven from housing and open casing to release the jammed locking device. This is a bit of a strip down to get to the locking device and you will need a few select screwdrivers to fit the screw heads. If your ok with DIY you will be able to do yourself otherwise it is an engineer job. The locking device may require replacing .

The Famous Forry :

The Appliance must be ISOLATED from the ELECTRIC to do this repair.!!!

Customer:

I guess we could remove the oven from housing - but I have no idea how to locate the locking device...

The Famous Forry :

You need to stary by removing the top panel after ISOLATING ELECTRIC of course. Are you goingto attempt this repair yourself?

Customer:

The safety lock wasn't jammed. We ran the program again (on very short time) and finally the door opened...