The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

I have a Miele WT945 S (honeycomb care) washing machine and

I have a Miele WT945 S (honeycomb care) washing machine and have owned it for a number of years. It works but has stopped heating for both washing and drying. Sounds as though I need a new heater do you agree?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Good day to you from 'David 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Yes I would certainly be looking at replacing the element here. Are you ok to do this yourself and do you need help in identifying a replacement part for your Miele WT945-S

The Famous Forry :

I have found an element to fit your machine but it is rather expensive. I will post you the link for it shortly. In the meantime I could help you determine if indeed this is the problem.

The Famous Forry :

Hello are you there?

The Famous Forry :

I will keep an eye out here for when you respond, regards David.

Customer:

I have'nt opened a washing machine in many, many years, so feel rather nervous about tackling it. On the other hand, I lost my job at the beginning of this year, so have plenty of time though rather less money than I'd want. Can an "amateur" replace a heating element?....I'm reasonably handy at most things

The Famous Forry :

Yes an amature can replace the element although this machine is very compacted inside. Which part of the Uk do you live in please as I am in the Midlands area and if your around there maybe I could find someone to help you at a reduced rate seems your out of work

Customer:

Sorry, I live in Kent, so if I do have someone in I'll need to have someone more local. I do fancy trying to do it myself.

The Famous Forry :

Ok . Do you have a multi meter to test the element for continuity?

The Famous Forry :

If you do not maybe you can borrow one from a friend or buy one from DIY store. They cost only £12-£15 and are available on ebay.

Customer:

Looks like I've failed dismally at the first hurdle. I've no idea what a multi meter is

The Famous Forry :

This is one and it tests elements and other electrical circuits , fuses and the like. This is only £4 and is delivered to you free!

Customer:

Looks like I should buy one

The Famous Forry :

Ok I can help you on how to test the element and other electric components. They are very handy , even just for testing the humble fuse. If you feel satisfied I have helped you today then please click the ACCEPT tab and by all means come back when you get you multimeter.