UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Tricity Bendix TM 310 W Tumble dryer and am unable

Customer Question
to start it. I looked...
I have a Tricity Bendix TM 310 W Tumble dryer and am unable to start it. I looked into the owners manual and looked at the possible causes and none of the ones on the list were causing the issue. The "Full Tank" light is very faintly lit but the reservoir is completely empty. I tried to move the tank back and forth to make sure I had it in there properly but nothing worked.

When I push the start button it sounds like it's starting normally but as soon as I let go of the button it stops.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/4/2011
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Look at the back of the dryer at the very bottom you will see a black bung.

Take this off and let the water drain out so you will need a towel for this.

Once the water has drained out refit the bung and retry the dryer and see if it starts going then and let me know.

Regards

Ok, I tried it and it didn't work. I pulled the plug, drained about two cups of water. I put the plug back in and tried to start it and it did the same thing it's been doing.

Hi

Ok so if you keep the start button held in will the dryer start running untill you let go?

Regards

Yes. We thought about taping it down to dry the clothes. Haha.

Hi

Ok im with you now.

The problem will be the switch itself. To cure this you will need to take the top off and from there you will see the switch.

From there you will need to replace the switch and then the dryer will be back to normal then.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Ok, where can I go to get a new switch? Can you refer me to a website where I can order one or at least a part number or some kind of reference?
Thanks a lot! Do you think this is something I can do with no experience at all? I rent this property and the dryer belongs to the owner. I can have the property manager come out and fix this at no cost or I can do it myself. I don't want to trouble them if I don't have to but if I break something while trying to get this done I will be responsible for a new dryer.

Hi

To replace it you sometimes need to remove the front control panel so its up to you weather to fix yourself.

But as its a landlord dryer you will proberly be best to get them in to fix it so theres no risk for you.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician