UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

We have an Hotpoint RLS150P and upon our return to load the

Customer Question
shopping into thge fridge i...
We have an Hotpoint RLS150P and upon our return to load the shopping into thge fridge i noticed that all the top elevation contours where hot especially the light but the remaining levels where all cold.
What could be the reason for this???

Regards
John Smart

[email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/12/2011
UK Appliance Technician: NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician

Customer:

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Customer:

it sounds as if you have a problem with the defrost heater.

Customer:

It may have a faulty defrost thermostat or defrost timer

Customer:

The defrost timer is supposed to come on once every 24 hours for about 30 minutes, ( Depending on the fridge) to defrost any ice build up that may be starting to occur. If it malfunctions this can occur.

Customer:

You may need a hands on tech to test these components to see if one of these are faulty.

Customer:

Customer:

Iam sorry but I stand corrected. Your problem may not be as I suspected.

Customer:

I am sorry but I do not have the information you require. I will opt out and another expert may be able to assist you.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

JACUSTOMER-r6lhc17f- :

Thanks for your input guys just to clarify you stand by the first enties claiming it was probably a Defrost heater can you clarify

NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Sorry about that. in your fridge it would not be the defrost heater.
Most likley it is a thermostat that is faulty.

1.Thermostat control loose or slipping
Check and replace control knob.
2.Door seal ineffective
Check seal is clean and has no tears in it. Clean or replace door gasket.
3.Faulty thermostat
Replace fridge thermostat

You may need a hands on tech on location for these repairs.
NeilWill
NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician