UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

WMD962 error code f 05. Ive emptied the machine, checked

WMD962 error code f...
WMD962 error code f 05.
I've emptied the machine, checked the filter but error keeps coming up.

Is there a blockage somewhere?
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/23/2011
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

F05 indicates the pressure switch is stuck on full.

As it hasn't drained this would suggest a blockage somewhere.

If it's not draining at all, check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.

If it's onto a connection, take the hose off and check the hose and the connection for a blockage.

If ok, you'll need to manually remove the water from the machine.

Take the plastic cover below the front panel off.

Put a shallow dish in front of the filter/pump cover. (Bottom, front right).

(There may be a drainage tube, if there is, use that to drain the water off).

Slacken the cap a little to drain the water.

Tighten the cap to stop the water when you need to empty the container.

Once the machine is empty of water, take the cap off.

Clean out any debris in there.

Look into the pump housing and you'll see the pump impellor.

Ensure this can turn and isn't jammed by a small piece of debris.

Remove any laundry.

Put the machine on spin only.

Look into the open pump housing to see if the pump impellor is spinning.

If all ok, refit the cap and try the machine again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

i tried your advise .

put the machine on a 30 minute wash and f05 came back 5 mins into cycle.

Hiya,

Sorry, I need more detailed responses.

What did you find when you checked the drain hose and the connection it goes onto?

When you tested it on spin with the filter out, did the pump impellor spin?

Were you able to turn the impellor manually?

If so, did it turn freely or was there resistance?

Thanks

yes the pump impellor span easily enough

i took the filter out firstly and found the usual suspect items ==coins, hair clips and a memory card out of a camera.

itook the drain hose (black one) right off but found nothing in there.

it comes from the bottom of the drum and goes to the filter/pump and was fitted with spring clip connecters.

Hiya,

No, the drain hose connects to the house drains.

The pump impellor shouldn't spin freely manually, it should have resistance and then "jump" round.

Did it spin when you had the filter out and the machine on spin as detailed?

Thanks

it spun freely at first, but, now you mention it,

since the last error i've emptied the machine of water again and tested the impellor again, i could feel a little resistance this time like it was attached to elastic or something. it didn't feel like that at first.

Hiya,

That's how it should be.

Have you checked the drain hose where it connects to the house drains?

Take it off.

Check both the hose and the connection.

Put a cloth over the open filter.

Clean the end of the drain hose.

Blow down the drain hose and see if anything is dislodged.

I've got to go out for a while now but I'll pick up again when I get home.

Thanks

thanks i'll let you know

I did what you sugested, then messed everything up by taking out screws i shouldn't have. I put everything back together, twice, and now the machine has just finished a 30 min quick wash cycle.

it emptied out no problem,

fingers crossed it stays this way,

I'm now very handy with a mop and bucket, if ever you need advise let me know

THANK YOU

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Glad you got it sorted out and working.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer