UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My siemens xl 1600 washing machine stopped mid rinse cycle.

We have drained the water...
My siemens xl 1600 washing machine stopped mid rinse cycle. We have drained the water off and it will spin so the motor works, but the water will not otherwise drain. I cannot twist the cap to the filter. Any ideas how else I get to see if the pump is blocked?
5/29/2011
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

It will be on a label in the door recess and on another on the rear.

Thanks

nothing inside the door is there anywhere else i can check?

Hiya,

As per my previous post, the other label is on the rear.

Thanks

wxl166agb/09 FD8504700514

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that

The screws are likely to be Torx security screws so you will need to have suitable drivers or bits.

I can't quite work out on the drawing if you have a hidden screw or not so I'll include instruction on this, just in case.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the top off.

Take the dispenser drawer out.

Take out any screws

Open the door.

Take the door seal retainer out.

Take the door seal off the front panel.

Take the screws out of the door lock.

Take the cover below the front panel off.

Take the screws holding the front panel in place out.

Take the front panel off.

If you find it is held at the top.

Take the facia panel off.

You'll find the hidden screw.

Once the front is off, disconnect the hoses to the filter housing and disconnect the wires to the pump.

Take the pump/filter assembly out.

Remove debris through the hose ports until the cap will unscrew.

Clean out the hoses, clean out the filter housing and ensure nothing remains in the pump.

Reassemble the appliance and try it again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Thanks will go and get screw driver. Give me 15 minutes or so.

Hiya,

OK, no problem

Thanks

Job done. Lolly stick blocking cap, plug chain and propelling pencil top blocking valve. Couldn't have done it without you, especially on a Bank Holiday weekend. Thanks Fred

Hiya,

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it sorted out and working again.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks