UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Have an oven where grill is working but no heat in normal

oven not heating can you...
Have an oven where grill is working but no heat in normal oven not heating can you advise how to repair
3/2/2011
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Can you post the make and model number of your appliance please?

Is the time on the clock set?

Is the clock on Auto?

When you try to use the oven, does the temperature light on the front come on?

Does anything else happen?

Thanks

Light comes on
Clock is at right time
Not sure what you mean auto?
Not sure model where is model it is stainless fan I think adp3310

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

That would make it a Diplomat ADP3310

It's a fan oven, does the fan run when you try to use the oven?

Thanks

fan is running grill works but does not heat

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

As the fan is running and the temperature light is coming on, then the most likely cause of the problem is a failure of the circular element in the oven.

.

Isolate the power to the appliance.

Take the rear panel inside the oven out.

This will reveal the element and the fan.

Take the screws holding the element in place out.

Bring the element and the wiring into the oven cavity.

.

If the element is not obviously blown, you need to test it with a multimeter to see if it's open circuit.

.

Swap the wiring on to the new element. (Don't lose the wires into the back or you'll need to take the appliance out and remove the panels to retrieve them).

Fit the element in place and replace the cover.

Turn the power back on and set the clock.

Try the oven again.

.

If there are no screws holding the element in place, take the oven out and take the rear cover off.

You can now access the wiring and the nuts holding the element in place.

.

If the element tests ok, let me know.

.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
If the element has gone where can I source a new one and how much should I expect to pay?

Hiya,

The part number for the element is .524022100

Click here for 1 supplier of the part

The oven was made by Servis and rebadged by MFI.

Hope this helps

Thanks

No screws on rear of oven how do they normally come out?

Hiya,

Inside the oven there is a removable panel on the rear wall.

Have you taken this off?

Thanks

Can see element how is it removed? How do you know if blown?

Hiya,

As I put in my answer, if it's not obviously blown, you need to test it with a multimeter.

If you don't have a multimeter you would need to take the element to someone (local repair shop for instance) to have them test it for you.

Thanks

I don't know how to remove the element also I think it may be a adp3620 looking at the controls. I will pay the fee if you can let me know how to remove element and part number for adp3620?

Hiya,

It's the same element. Part number .524022100

I've already posted the instructions on how to remove the element.

Read the post fully, it's all there.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer