UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

my tumble dryer is not drying my clothes. it is heating up

Customer Question
my tumble dryer is not...
my tumble dryer is not drying my clothes.
it is heating up though.
drcs 68 w
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
2/21/2011
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Is the drum turning ok?

Can you turn the drum by hand?

Regards

I'm not sure if the drum is turning in the cycle, but I can turn the drum by hand

Hi

Ok take the top off the dryer and see if the belt is still attched around the drum.

If its there try and see if you can lift the belt up.

Let me know what you find.

Regards

the belt just came straight out!

Hi

Ok the belt has snapped.

In this case you need to fit a new belt on the dryer and see how it goes from there.

But just double check the drum and turn by hand and see if its free and not stiff to turn. As what can happen on these dryers is the front felt seal wears and the drum gets stuck on the glue from the seal and thios snapps the belt.

So if its stiff at turning then the front seal and the belt will need to be replaced to cure the problem.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

where can i buy a belt?

how do i change it?

Hi

Ok to change the belt its all done from the back.

Take off the back panel and the covers off and feed the belt down the front of the drum.

Then once the belt is round the drum refit the back panel.

Then you need to strech the belt down and around the motor shaft. This is the trickey part as it will be very tight. But it will strech round it. I use a big screwdriver to strech the belt down onto the motor.

Click here for the belt

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician