NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

One of the drum paddles broke off my Hotpoint Washing machine

One of the drum paddles broke off my Hotpoint Washing machine WF561P and got a spare and replaced it. My husband fitted the replacement. However next time I used it all 3 paddles broke off. It is less that 2 yrs old. I think there must be due to another problem or was this a coincidence. I am reluctant to get 3 new paddles for them just to break again.
Are you there?

Edited by NeilWill on 12/31/2010 at 1:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you need to know?
Hi ya,

Thank you for using Just Answer.

What broke causing the paddle and then all paddles to come off?
Did the bolts holding the paddles each break or did the paddle material it self crack or break. Are your paddles metal or plastic. please explain the results that you see.

Edited by NeilWill on 1/6/2011 at 3:23 PM EST
Hiya,

I think this may be a cause due to a defect of the paddles bolts or the paddle material. If so then Hotpoint must have replacement parts to remedy any recall or faulty design.

I did not find a published problem as of yet. But you will want to call Hotpoint UK to find what solution they may have designed for a better replacement paddle and or paddle bolts to secure thiner paddle. I've been searching for what seems may have been caused by a defective matter. So far I have not found such a publication.
I'll send you any recall info or parts replacement due for a recall of any known defective parts related to your problem as soon as I can find them.

Hotpoint
Mon - Fri 8.00am - 7.30pm
Sat 8.30am - 5.30pm
Sun 9.30am - 3.30pm 08709 066 066

08448 224 224
Hiya,

These can be broken loose due to coins that have gotten loose in the system.
Its important before you fit new paddles to remove the coins from the sump which caused the old ones to come off. Remove back panel, unscrew jubilee clip and pull the sump hose from the tub, the filter sits within hose and there will be foreign objects you should remove (coins). reassemble. Now fit the paddles- half way along the drum opening you will see a metal tab, this should be raised to a 45 degree angle, put the paddle in and push towards the rear of drum, the tab will hold in place.

Hotpoint
Mon - Fri 8.00am - 7.30pm
Sat 8.30am - 5.30pm
Sun 9.30am - 3.30pm 08709 066 066

08448 224 224

Edited by NeilWill on 1/6/2011 at 3:42 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The paddles are only plastic and the holding tabs just completely snapped off.

Did you find the coins that most likley have caused this?