Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint aquarius fdw60, eco and fast lights flashing,

I have a hotpoint aquarius fdw60, eco and fast lights flashing, tipped out water, stripped pump and checked waste clear, all good. looked at micro switch for over flow in tray, took out salt resovoir,put it all back. Start machine,hear steam being made in back of machine (popping and spluttering) open door steam emerges. water all over floor now. Done this several times any ideas please
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Them 2 lights flashing is a time out draining error.

When you start the dishwasher going does the pump run at the start?

Do you have power going to the pump.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cant hear pump running, dont know if I'm getting power to it as I have no meter
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Ok set it going and just listen and see if you can hear a humming noise?

Or get a screwdriver and touch the side of the pump and see if you can feel it vibrateing.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no humming heard but machine light has gone to wash, wife doesn't know what happens/or what lights come on when she switches it on so I have no idea where it is in the cycle now.

I'm more concerned with water coming out the machine. apart from the obvious leaks from the pumps or hoses why would water appear?

I'm a mechanic by trade but dish washers /washing machines are not my game. I realise I need a meter to check whether its the waste pump (i cant see it being the main wash pump) or supply (possible circuit board) does the waste pump run from the start?

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Reset the program by pressing and holding the startn button for a few seconds. This should reset the board. Then retry the cycle and see if it drains the water then.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok,

emptied water again, reconnected, held switch in for three bleeps and reset to fast wash. machine started operating then loud click (like a valve shutting). could hear water boiling took off rear cover and could see water boiling up the clear tube but nothing else seems to be happening. Opened door and saw hot water on bottom of washer as if pump not working could not hear pump noise.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Did it put water into the washer?

And if you reset it does it drain the water out know?

Are the same lights still flashing?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi

as I said water is in machine laying in the bottom, cant hear pump. I think the board or the wash pump has gone, considering getting new machine as repair £125 or new machine £250. Thanks for your help but I dont think without a meter I can do any more

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Ok this might just be a pump fault which shouldnt be that much to fix.

What you can try is get a quote from a company who dont charge a callout fee.

They will come out and check it out for you. Then if its a motor or control board fault then they will say and you can just scrap it then. But if its a pump fault then they should be able to fix for you and should be that much. I will say about £60-£70 fitted.

So might be worth try that first.

Regards