The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

hi just installed a second hand Hotpoint Burghley Range cookerthe

Customer Question

hi just installed a second hand Hotpoint Burghley Range cookerthe grill oven will heat up but the other 2 ovens wont can you help
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 6 years ago.

FORRY :

Hi to you from David.

FORRY :

Is this a new product?

FORRY :

Ok I see now it is second hand

FORRY :

I would therefore think you need to check the element/s

FORRY :

Are te other two ovens different compartments?

JACUSTOMER-2xis09rn- :

there are 3 ovens on it . a grill oven, a fan oven and an other one . all different compartments .Hotpoint Burghley EG95C Range cooker

FORRY :

Having it second hand , do you know the history .By that I mean did both ovens stop working together or one packed in and then somw time later the other one packed in?

JACUSTOMER-2xis09rn- :

the fan isnt working and no heat in one oven, in the grill it is working, in the other oven which is not a fan oven the element heats up a small bit

JACUSTOMER-2xis09rn- :

it was only used about 20 times a ltogether

FORRY :

Does the element in the fan oven not work along with the fan not working

JACUSTOMER-2xis09rn- :

no heat at all in the fan oven

FORRY :

From what you have explained so far and the fact the appliance has seen little use I would Isolate from the electrical supply and remove the back panel to see the wiring. I suspect a wire has become dislodged from somewhere causing this multitude of problems. Probably a nuetral that is linked from the fan and the two non working elements. This certainly sounds like your trouble so getting inside to the wiring is key to your repair, regards David.

JACUSTOMER-2xis09rn- :

hi.i got the cooker working it was only the timer on the front of the oven that needed to be adjusted, it started straight away, thanks for your help.

FORRY :

Thankyou for using just answer, regards David.