How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SparePartsPro Your Own Question
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1243
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
SparePartsPro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a belling range cooker and the main gas oven flame is

Customer Question

I have a belling range cooker and the main gas oven flame is very low and will not rise in heat when you turn the gas knob to 9 on the range, this is not the fan oven section of the oven. Have you any idea why?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 6 years ago.
Hi There

Probably the thermocouple for the oven is at fault.
Post the model number so we can take a look.

regards Tony

Thank you for using Just Answer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, couldn't find the manual we got when we bought the cooker.

It is a Belling cookcentre gas cooker with double oven, the model number is XXXXX

It is the conventional oven that is not working properly, gas is coming through and the flame ignites but the heat does not increase when you set it for a higher gas mark.

Do you think this can be repaired and if so how long would it take, need both ovens working for Xmas.


Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 6 years ago.
You might want to get someone in to do this job.
You need a new FSD. The part number is #082605318.
You can order one from HERE

You could of course get a fixed price repair by booking a call online at This might be the cheapest option.

Hope that helps.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Tony



Do we order the part first before we go through or can deal with you direct?


what is the time scale for repair on this?

Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 6 years ago.
Hi There

The information I gave you were options.
If you call in your own gas safe engineer then you could order the part from the link I gave you. Your engineer may give you a trade price so you could ask.

If you go via repaircare then you get a fixed price repair that includes the parts and labour.
This may prove the cheapest option.
If you go the repaircare route then at least you will know the cost before you commit.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Tony



Thanks for your help, we will go through repaircare to sort this cooker out.


Just a note do you known how to remark the dial numbers on the cooker so we can clearly the numbers as we have difficulty seen the gas mark numbers?


Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 6 years ago.
I don't have my data sheets to hand right now but some people just replace the control panel fascia.
Others have been known to remark the gas positions using a transfer or lettraset and then lacquer over it to protect it. The only problem with that is making sure that the lacquer does not react with the heat of the oven.

There may be other ways like marking out the control knob itself.

Good luck with repaircare. Ask the engineer that calls round to take a look at the control panel while he is there. He won't say no because he isn't allowed to, just be aware that if you agree to additional work you will be charged for it.

regards Tony