Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WML 520. When it gets to the spin

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WML 520. When it gets to the spin cycle all the lights start flashing and it keeps making a noise as if its starting to spin but then just stops. I can't turn it off from the on/off button I have to turn it off at the mains. Is this something I can fix or should I call in someone? its about 13 months old.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 7 years ago.

Hiya,

All the lights flashing normally happens when the main control board is faulty.

Before having it replaced, unplug the appliance.

Take the rear panel off.

Take the main control board out (located bottom left when viewed from the rear).

One plug at a time, take the plug off, ensure it's clean, dry and tight fitting.

Plug it back on.

Check the wiring at the plug too.

Check the wiring at the motor plug.

If everything looks/checks out ok then it's likely you'll need to have the electronics (main board) replaced and programmed to your appliance.

The most cost effective way is to have Hotpoint come in and do the repair on their fixed price repair scheme.

(They can reprogramme the existing boards, and replacement boards, from their laptops without the need for the expensive card reader and card).

They have several schemes running, all include parts and labour.

Give them a call for their latest prices.

Try checking the wiring and the plugs first.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks