How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techdesk Your Own Question
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16409
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Techdesk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The electric plate warmer on my rangemaster keeps fusing the

This answer was rated:

The electric plate warmer on my rangemaster keeps fusing the electricity supply, how can I stop this?


The most likely cause of the fault is the plate warmer is faulty.


To prove this, you would need to isolate the power to the appliance first.

Gain access to the plate warmer and disconnect it.

Isolate the wiring you disconnect then reassemble to test the appliance.


Restore the power.

Turn on the plate warmer, if it doesn't fuse the supply, the warmer is almost certainly the cause.


Check it out, see what you find.

You may find it's simply a disconnected or broken wire.


Good luck with it.


Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help


Techdesk and other UK Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I assumed it was a fault with the warmer.


I guess I will need to get an electrician in to do the job, in which case can a standard electrician do the work or does it need to be someone from rangemaster?






No, you don't need anyone from rangemaster.

No, an electrician is no use either.


You really need a whitegoods engineer to sort it out.


Although the warmer is the most likely cause it could be the wiring, the regulator controlling the warmer, the warmer or a combination of the above.


You can choose to either have an engineer come in on a call out/hourly rate plus parts or have it repaired on a fixed price that includes parts and labour.


For the fixed price repair, go to and fill in your details.

They will give you a price and you can book your own appointment if the price is acceptable.


For an engineer that covers your machine and area, click here


Fill in the details, follow the links and it will show engineers in your area.

Select one and they will contact you to arrange an appointment.


Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes