How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SparePartsPro Your Own Question
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1243
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
SparePartsPro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Samsung Cooltech Plus fridge/freezer. The fridge light

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Cooltech Plus fridge/freezer. The fridge light bulb was replaced recently. It worked briefly but then stopped and the fridge section is now no longer cooling.
hope you can help.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 7 years ago.
Hi There

This appliance has sophisticated electronics to control it.
Mounted of the main PCB is a temperature sensing device. It works by measuring a change of resistance over temperature change.
Either the set point has been lost on the PCB or the sensor has failed.
Disconnect the sensor from the board and measure the resistance across it's terminals.
If it is still working you will have a value of around 10k to 12k ohms. Values will vary.
Change the sensor if you suspect it has failed. Samsung Part DA3210105B and DA3210105F.

Hope that helps.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have looked at the pcb and am unable to identify the sensor. Capacitor is the only item marked. Not an electrician here I'm afraid.
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to check for resistance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes. Have multimeter and can check for resistance. Just don't wish to go poking around on the pcb. Ta


Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 7 years ago.
If you no longer require any help with this question you may like to try and close the question otherwise we can leave it open for another expert to offer advice.

regards Tony