UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

hve a samsung american style fridge freezer, 2 years old, the…

Customer Question
hve a samsung american style...
hve a samsung american style fridge freezer, 2 years old, the fridge made awful gurgle sounds and now the temp on display is flashing and not cold enough??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/28/2010
UK Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 8 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Can you post the actual model number of the appliance please?

In the fridge, do you hear the fan running?

Is there any ice under or behind the drawer?

Thanks

model: rsh1dbbp or other number on it is:s/n 887942bq300317m

i can fan going round and cant see any ice, where abouts exactly do you meen?

thanks

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

I take it you mean you can hear the fan going round.

In this case, you either have an ice blockage in the fridge evaporator or a blockage in the cooling system.

Normally you would find some ice showing below or behind the drawers at the bottom of the fridge.

If there is nothing there, the easiest way to check this is to turn the fridge off and leave it with the door open for 24 hours.

This should fully defrost the fridge.

Turn it back on and it should begin cooling properly again, if it was an ice blockage.

If it's a system blockage/fault then it will perform exactly the same.

In the 2nd instance, you would need a refrigeration engineer to repair/unblock the cooling pipework.

Check it out, see what you find.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Theres no signs of alot of ice, but theres ice in couple the filter holes on the back inside of fridge? i have pulled fridge out and before i turned it off like you said the temp was flickering from 2'c to 4'c?? just worried with regards XXXXX XXXXX department if fridge is turned off for 24 hours?! is there anything i can do to hurry the process?? with these fridges is this a common thing? Thanks

Hiya,

You still need to unplug it.

Take the drawers out.

Take the cover over the evaporator off.

Use a steamer to defrost it.

If it's not blocked with ice then you will need a refrigeration engineer to repair it as it will be a system/pipework fault.

It's very common on the Samsung side by sides.

Thanks

Thankyou so much for your help