UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hi I have an zannussi electrolux aquacycle essential 1600…

Customer Question
Hi I have an zannussi electrolux...
Hi

I have an zannussi electrolux aquacycle essential 1600 6kg machine, 4 years old. It is not spinning. The drum is jammed i can not turn it manually. All else is working..controls etc and is filling with water. Can it be fixed D.I.Y?

Louise
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/27/2010
UK Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 8 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Can you post the actual model number of the appliance please?

Check between the inner drum and outer tub front for an item of clothing stuck there.

Peel the door seal back from the inner drum a little.

Is the inner drum loose and floppy?

How good are your diy skills?

Thanks

model number ZWF1621W

Peeled the door seal away a bit drum moving 2 inches or so side to side still jammed and backwards and forwards as usaul.

Husband is an mechanical engineer but knows nothing about washing machines! lol

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Unfortunately there are numerous machines with that model number.

To narrow it down to the correct appliance, can you post the product (PNC) number from the appliance?

It begins with 9 so you'll need to prefix the number with A to prevent it being crossed out when posted.

Thanks

Hi

Product number is A914521005/00

Louise

Unplug the appliance, disconnect the water hose and the drain hose.

Take the rear panel off of the appliance.

Drop the drain hose as low as possible into a shallow dish or wash basin and drain off as much water as possible.

On the bottom rear of the tub is the heater element.

Disconnect the element and slacken the nut in the middle.

Pull the element out. It will be tight, if you need to lever it at all be careful not to damage the tub or the seal.

Once the element is out, look into the tub and see if you can find what is jamming the drum.

Take the sump hose off the bottom of the tub if it helps to remove the item jamming the drum.

If there is nothing there take the top off of the appliance.

Check the outer tub to see if it's bolted together around the middle.

If it is, I'm afraid it's a case of taking the control panel and front panel off of the appliance.

Disconnect the wiring to the tub and motor.

Disconnect the suspension from the tub.

Disconnect the hoses from the tub.

Lift the entire tub assembly out of the machine.

Take the bolts around the centre out.

Split the tub apart, remove whatever is jamming the drum and then reassemble the appliance.

If need be, take the pulley off the rear and remove the inner drum.

If you find there are no bolts / screws holding the tub together but it appears welded, I'm afraid you can't split the tub to remove the debris.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
will give it a go!

Hiya,

Thank you for the payment, it is appreciated.

Let me know if you get stuck or need help.

Might be worth check the motor isn't the cause, take the belt off and see if the drum turns. Unlikely but worth checking.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Just before it jammed the machine was making a whirring noise and wouldnt go on the long spin at the end of the cycle...like it it was going to take off but the spin didnt kick in? Could this mean its the motor?

Louise

Hiya,

Take the belt off.

If the drum then turns freely it would suggest something wrong within the motor.

Check that before taking anything apart.

Thanks

Hi

Think we have fixed it, but cant get rubber seal back on the door? Its a knightmare any tips? There is a ring of metal springy stuff?

Thanks

Hiya,

The door seal to the front panel?

That's normally quite easy.

It just hooks over the front panel part.

Is it a wire with a spring or is it a spring?

Either way, you have to get as much on as you can then stretch it while holding it flat against the front panel.

If you pull it outward the seal comes off.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Hi

Its the whole rubber bit cant seem to get it back on properly and cant work out where the spring goes?

Louise

Hiya,

If you have the seal off of the tub, I'm afraid it's a nightmare to fit.

Fit the seal to the tub, the spring then has to go into the groove in the seal, securing it to the lip on the tub.

Once you have fitted the seal to the tub, you'll see the groove that the spring fits into.

Good luck with it.

Thanks