UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 16270 W1. The child lock is off but the warning ligh…

I have a 16270 W1...
I have a 16270 W1. The child lock is off but the warning ligh stays on and the machine won't start its cycle. I have tried every combination of the lock.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2010
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Sorry, I'm unable to find this model number.

Can you post the make of the appliance and check the model number please?

Thanks

Zanussi ZWD 16270 W1

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Turn the appliance on, any programme, it doesn't matter.

Close the door and wait a minute.

Press and hold together, the start pause button and the button immediately to the left of it.

You have to press and hold them together.

You will get an error code displayed.

Let me have the error code.

If you don't have a display, watch the start/pause light.

Count the number of red flashes and the number of green flashes.

Let me know how many of each.

Thanks

I pushed and held the on/pause button and the one to the left of it (extra rinse?). There was no error code. The on/pause button continued to flash green and the child lock indicator flashed three times.

Hiya,

Is there a pattern to the flashing of the start button?

In your question you say the lock is off but the warning light stays on.

Which warning light?

Thanks

Yes, the child lock is off and I can close the door. But next to the timer on the display there is an indicator which says the lock is on. The machine therefore won't start its cycle. I assume because it thinks the lock is still on?

Hiya,

Yes, the child lock is on.

It won't let you change or start a programme.

Press and hold the Options and Extra Rinse buttons for at least 6 seconds till the padlock symbol goes off.

This will turn the child lock off and should allow you to use the appliance.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Yes that has worked - fantastic thanks!

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Glad you got it going again.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thank you for the payment and the bonus, it is appreciated.

Thanks