UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hello, I just bought a Candy laundry machine- not sure about…

Customer Question
Hello, I just bought a Candy...

I just bought a Candy laundry machine- not sure about the number but it is the small one. Only 45cm deep. I have the following problems:

- The 90 min timer never ends so the machine just goes on and gets very hot
- The spin doesn't work all the time and the laundry is wet when the run is done.

Have you heard about these things before? Please advise.

Br,
Karl.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/17/2010
UK Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 8 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

The model number should be on a label visible when the door is opened.

Is the appliance brand new?

Thanks

G04126 is the model and the appliance is brand New.

Thank you for Your answer,
Karl

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Can you explain what you mean by "90 min timer"?

From what I've found in the service manual, it's a washing machine so there wouldn't be a 90 minute timer on it.

There is a 90 degree programme which is the hottest wash. This would take a long time to complete. (My own machine takes around 3 and half hours for a hot wash).

Let me know what you mean by the 90 min timer and I'll get back to you regarding this and the spinning.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

The laundry machine has 90, 60, 30, 15 minutes based on what program i run. When i run à wash in 60 degrees it stays at 90 min and never stops and i unplugg the machine. However this only happens half the time which worries me.

Hiya,

OK, I think I've got you now.

If it's not decreasing in time or moving through the wash then it would suggest a fault in the temperature sensing circuit of the appliance.

This could be a fault in the sensor, the wiring or the control board.

As it doesn't happen all the time it's going to be a lot harder to determine an exact cause.

However, you really can't do very much without invalidating the warranty on the appliance.

Your first call should be to Candy or your supplier to arrange repair of the appliance.

If you don't mind invalidating the warranty it would be a case of replacing parts on a "fit and see what happens" basis to try and narrow the fault down.

The first thing to change would be the temperature sensor and the first thing to check would be the wiring from the main control board to the sensor.

This could become a costly exercise as the fault appears to be intermittent.

Unplug the appliance, take the top and rear panels off.

Check the temperature sensor on the rear of the tub and check the wiring to it.

Hopefully it'll be a pretty obvious loose connection.

Don't open the machine if you intend using the warranty, you don't want to give Candy any excuse for invalidating the warranty.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks