UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cant get my whirlpool oven to work. The hobs are fine, but…

Customer Question
I can't get my whirlpool...
I can't get my whirlpool oven to work. The hobs are fine, but there is no LED display showing, and pressing all the buttons makes no difference. I seem to remember that after it's been switched off at the wall you have to perform a specific manoevre, but I can't remember what....
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/10/2010
UK Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 8 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

If you've turned it on at the wall and there is nothing on the display you would need to check that the power is actually getting to the oven.

The hob is a separate item, it may be wired into the same source though.

Isolate the power to the appliance and take it out of it's built in location.

Follow the power cable and find where it's plugged into/wired into.

Check that there is power to this point.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks