UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Intergrated ER 78311-1 Fridge freezer I had aproblem…

Customer Question
I have an Intergrated ER...
I have an Intergrated ER 78311-1 Fridge freezer
I had aproblem with the fridge being too cold
I have changed the thermosat but even with it set on low
it still seems to cold and the top back panel freezes up
What else can i do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/10/2010
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Does the sliver tube from the thermostat push into a hole and needs to be pushed down? If so the first thing to check is that the capilery tube (sliver tube) is pushed fully down. As if it isnt then the thermostat doesnt sense the tempurture in there.

If thats ok then what it will be is the holder which the capilery tube pushes in has come away from the back panel of the fridge so it carnt sense the temputure in there. If thats the case then it carnt be repaired as to get at it you need to take out all the insulation on the back of the fridge as the holder is foamed in so you carnt get access to it im afraid.

Regards