How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techdesk Your Own Question
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16409
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Techdesk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Wish to purchase for my niece in the United Kindom A Brother

Resolved Question:

I Wish to purchase for my niece in the United Kindom A Brother sewing and Embroidary machine.Can I purchase a machine here in the USA and have it shipped or am I better purchasing in the uk. I am interested in the Innovis 350 SE. Thankyou Rosemary Singleton
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 7 years ago.


You would be better buying a UK appliance for her.

The voltage and frequency will be correct .


US appliances are 110 volts 60 hertz

UK appliances are 240 volts 50 hertz


You could use a transformer for the voltage but the frequency would still be incorrect and this could eventually lead to motor burn out.


There is also the warranty.

It's unlikely you'll get a worldwide warranty for the appliance.


Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help


Techdesk and other UK Appliance Specialists are ready to help you