Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Smeg Dishwasher Model LVF12B. Fails to complete cycle as water

Smeg Dishwasher Model LVF12B. Fails to complete cycle as water does not heat up. I can reset the thermostat - orange button accessable through panel below main door - and then the dishwasher will run a few times before failing again. I cannot find this model on websites so cannot order a new thermostat! Other IDs are; Type 10028 and Nr.00289 0100.

Hiya,

Sorry, it's definitely not listed anywhere, not even at Smeg.

If you go to www.smeg-service.co.uk you can go to spares and use the "contact us" part to inquire if the parts is still available.

The part number I have is the original number which no longer exists. Perhaps Smeg will have a superseded part number.

Good luck with it.

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The dishwasher was bought about ten years ago in France. Does that help or make any difference? Personally, I cannot see that it will as it was made in Italy and therefore they are shipped around the world from there with the same model numbers.

Hiya,

I have the machine on my parts/technical disc. It's just not listed with Smeg anymore and the part number I have for the thermostat isn't recognised by Smeg either.

Hence the reason I suggested you contact Smeg.

They may have an alternative that I don't know about.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry about the delay in picking up your reply and replying. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi. I have ordered the part form Smeg after you suggested I e-mail them direct and they provided me witha part number so thanks for that. Now I am looking for the ACCEPT that I have to click so that you can be paid! Ian

Hiya,

I'll send this post as an answer, that way you'll get the Accept button.

Glad you've got something sorted out with them.

Good luck with the appliance and the repair.

Thanks