UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

LG Fridge/Freezer Model GRL207TUJA Problem with cool water

Customer Question
LG Fridge/Freezer Model GRL207TUJA
Problem with...
LG Fridge/Freezer Model GRL207TUJA
Problem with cool water dispenser in the door which has stopped dispensing water.
The ice dispenser is working ok.
I have disconnected the water pipe where it enters the door at the bottom hinge. When the water dispenser button is pressed water flows out of the pipe ok. So there seems to be a problem within the door.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Expert: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 7 years ago
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

The most likely fault is the tubing in the door has frozen.

You'll need to take the panel off the door, release the tube at the top and bottom.

Pull it out and defrost it.

Refit the tube and try it again.

You could try disconnecting the tube at the bottom and use a hair dryer to try and defrost it, blow up the tube every now and then to see if it's cleared.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 3/25/2010 at 11:52 AM EST
I can't see how to release the tube at the top. I can get the panel on the outside of the door off but don't see how to get the panel on the inside off. I need to do to this to access the top of the tube.

Hiya,

The panel inside doesn't come off and doesn't need to.

You have to strip the assembly in the door out, from the outside to get to the part holding the tube.

Why not try warming the tube up with a hairdryer? Much easier than stripping the appliance apart.

I'm not in the office now and don't have information on your appliance at home so I don't have any information at hand to help you strip the door assembly. (That's if there is any information on that in the service manuals).

Look at the job again and see how the tube is held in place. Release it at the top and you can pull it out of the tube it runs in.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

I have tried a hair dryer with no result! I have stripped off the front panel. This exposes another plastic molding through which the water comes from a tube. However the pipe must connect to this tube behind this second molding and I cannot see how to get it off?

Hiya,

Sorry, I don't have the manual for your appliance at home.

I'll opt out of the question for the time being.

This will open it to all experts again.

I'll opt in again once I've had a look at the manual.

Thanks

OK, many thanks for your input so far!
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer