Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

how do the terminals on the back of the cooker allow me to

how do the terminals on the back of the cooker allow me to connect to the mains supply?
They seem not to come apart or have two obvious plates to clamp the wires like the old cooker did.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Hi

What is the make and model number of the cooker please.

Regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Beko DC 5422

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Hi

When you open the mains box on the back you will see the connections.

Just loosen the big screw in each section and then push the wiring underneath it then just tighten the screw up to secure the wiring.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When you say 'big screw' do you mean the nut?

What approach do you mean for the individual wires? In a direct line with the nut or to the left where it looks as if the lead in is?

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Is the mains block on the back a black box with you open the lid up and on the left is a row of screws and the same on the right?

Can you post a photo of it please?

Regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not got to grips with posting photos yet! It's getting late for me (a poor old pensioner!) so will continue this tomorrow am . Is this OK with you????
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Yes no worries just post a picture of it tomorrow and we can take it from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Haven't posted a picture or even a diagram as I have been doing some research today, after half an hour lying on the kitchen floor with a torch and various screwwdrivers and spanners last night.

The connection block on the back of the cooker (bottom righthand side) is the same as on virtually every cooker in Curry's, not just the cheap Beko one I've got.

Also, the cable for connection to the cooker although red/ black is only the recommended size physically.

So, the question remains, how is it possible to connect the large but correct cable to the 'mickey mouse' wee plastic connection box on the back of the cooker? It doesn't look fit for purpose to me. But that's progress for you isn't it.

It would only take a minute to re-connect the old cooker- it has terminals that look fit for purpose and easily allow the heavy cable to be wrapped round them securely!!!!

So, what is the secret? Can it be done???

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.

Hi

This is just the standered box which i done many of these and you just loosen the big screw in the section were you are securing the wire and feed the mains wire under it and tighten it up. So 10mm wiring will fit in there as i have fitted many in the past.

These cooker boxs can with stand the current it drawers quite easily as they dont burn out often.

Regards