UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

How do I remove the drip tray at the rear of my Electrolux

Customer Question
Intuition SpacePlus Fridge...
How do I remove the drip tray at the rear of my Electrolux Intuition SpacePlus Fridge
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/31/2009
UK Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
can you get me the model # XXXXX Bryan
ERC 39292 W
how much water is in the drip pan and hopw often do you need to empty it?
It takes about a month to fill up. We know when its full as we get an odour like stale milk or rotten meat and find that the tray has overloowed when we pull it out and look behind the fridge on the floor.
ok the model # XXXXX comming up but i need you to check something, pull the refrigerator out and near the pan there should be a condenser fan (this cools the compressor) this also evaporates the water in the pan as it runs. is this fan running?

No I do not hear a fan. Just the motor of the fridge can be heard.

Check this lnk out for info on the model

http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/pdf_results.asp

http://www.ecomonkey.co.uk/products/electrolux-erc39292w-di

ok is there a fan in the back near the compressor. ?
No Not that I can see
well I dont know why your pan water is not evaporating, thats how they are disigned. the refrigerator goes into defrost and the water goes in the pan down below and is suppose to evaporate from the heat of the compressor. usually with the help of a fan.there shouldnt be enough water to fill the pan all the way just from the defrost. do you have an ice maker in this?
no
ok I'm going to send this question to uk category, thanks Bryan
Ok thanks for that.
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

To get the drip tray out what you need to do is hold it either side and wiggle from left to right. But to be honest buy the time you have done this all the water will be all over the floor so when you do get it off theres no water in there to empty.

Is the fridge working ok. As the water should just evaporate with the heat of the compressor as its running.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician