Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

have hotpoint wd420, all lights are flashing, I cant switch

have hotpoint wd420, all lights are flashing, I can't switch it on or off and it won't load or do any washing. can anyone help?

Hi

which lights are flashing.

if you number them with 1 on the left or at top and let me know.

thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi!

it's 1 - 4 down on the left and number 5 only on the top. Then the on/off button as well.

Hope you can help!
Anna

Hi

Is that lights 1 2 3 and 4 or just 1 and 4

its just to make sure we get the right error code.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
sorry - it's 1 2 3 4 on the lights on the side and just the 5 on the top.

Thanks!

Hi

Ok thanks for that lights 123 and 4 indecate an f15 fault which is a heater relay fault

All you can do is remove the rear panel and on the left side is the main control board remove this remove 1wireing block at a time and refit it to clean the connections then remove the lid and make sure there is no loose connections on the dryer element then retry if still doing the same then the control board will need to be changed as the heater relay is built into the pcb. you can try these as they sell refurbished boards which come programmed for your machine.

http://www.emwelec.co.uk

If you need anymore info just get back to me

regards

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks very much for that - have just pulled it out and had a look and there's no loose connections so must be the board. Will give someone a call tomorrow to come and fix it and think it's out of my diy capabilities!!

Many thanks again, Anna

Hi

If the connections are ok then it looks like the main pcb.

What you might be best is getting hotpoint in on there fixed price repaire as they will need to programme the new pcb anyway you will need to ring them for the prices but you will probley find its about the same price as buying a new pcb itself.

Good luck with it.

Regards