How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techdesk Your Own Question
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16409
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Techdesk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i change the thermocouples on a belling kdf90 range

Customer Question

how do i change the thermocouples on a belling kdf90 range cooker - it shipped to me as lpg but i need natural gas. belling shipped the thermocouples to me but haven't given any instructions on how to change them over.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.



You'll find the thermocouple in your ovens, they are in the flame path, the capillary from them runs up the rear of the appliance and across the top of the ovens to the gas valves on the front.


You would have to strip off the rear and top of the appliance to change these out.


Have a look at the burner in the oven and you should see the probe, very similar to the ones you have.


Is this all Belling said needed changing?


Hope this helps




Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Any details on how to dismantle the main burner in the middle? I can't access/remove the thermocouple from it - its different from all the other ones
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.


I'll see if I've any diagrams for this when I go in the office in the morning. Sorry, only limited information at home.



Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.


Sorry, I don't have a service manual for this appliance and purchasing one wouldn't make sound financial sense.


Good luck with changing the parts.


Sorry I'm unable to help with this part.