UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a WHirlpool 1600 washing machine and have an F07 error…

Customer Question
I have a WHirlpool 1600...
I have a WHirlpool 1600 washing machine and have an F07 error code - how can I fix this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/14/2009
UK Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
What is the complete model number of this washer, you will find it insde where the door opens along with the serial number.

AVM 8163

Is this a U.S. Machine or a U.K.?
UK - when you pick a program and then start, the water starts, then stops after a couple of seconds followed by the F07 error code flashing up...
How's it goiing?
UK Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 9 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

F07 Triac short circuit detection (motor control module)

I'd check out the motor too, see why it blew the motor control.

The water stops because there is no motor action and the fault is detected.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Is this is a job for an engineer or professional...or can I fix it myslef and if so how?

Hiya,

I'll dig out the service manual when I'm in the office in the morning and see what is involved.

Thanks

Many thanks and then we can close this off tomorrow....

Hiya,

I'm assuming the model number is XXXXX and not AVM.

There are 10 variations of this appliance so if you decide to repair it yourself you will need the number beginning 85 to identify your machine for parts.

The error code would suggest that the pcb in the bottom of the machine is faulty.

To replace this you would have to take the front panel off the appliance.

To do this, open the door, take the wire ring seal retainer out, peel the seal off the front panel, take the screws out holding the door lock in place, remove the plinth cover, take out the 3 screws/bolts revealed, push the front panel down a little and lift it off.

You can now see the pcb at the bottom right of the cabinet.

Rebuilding is the reverse of removal.

Bear in mind, if you do the job yourself, you have to decide if the board fault has been caused by a motor fault, you have to check the wiring between the motor controller and motor for faults and you will not get a warranty on any parts you fit yourself, so if something should go wrong or you miss a fault the suppliers won't be interested.

With the very high prices charged for these parts. PCB example is here (this is one of the 10 versions) I would suggest considering replacement rather than repair unless you registered the machine from new for the 8 or 10 year parts warranty (there was a charge for this). If you did register it you would have to pay the labour charge only and this is fixed for the whole repair, not per visit.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Many thanks for your response.This has helped qualify what is required and I believe replacing the machine would be the best option. At least I now know this otherwise an easy fix could have been the answer and I would have bought a new machine not knowing potentially that it could have been easily repaired. Many thanks and will definately use this service again.

Hiya,

You're very welcome to the information. Thank you for the payment, it's very much appreciated.

Thanks