UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Bosch Built-in electric oven & we had a power cut…

I have a Bosch Built-in...
I have a Bosch Built-in electric oven & we had a power cut the other day which has affected the oven. Everything seems ok except that it won't heat up fully. there is some het but it seems to stay at the same temperature which is quite low.
12/21/2008
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

Can you post the ENR number from the machine please?

This will identify your machine and help me help you.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply

TYP: HBT335L

ENR : HBN 225BGB /02

Regards

PK

Hiya,

OK, I've had a look at the parts list for this and it appears to only have top and bottom elements and a fan.

Did the oven cause the power cut?

You'll need a multimeter to do check the elements.

Unplug or isolate the appliance from the electricity supply.

Take the oven out of it's housing and remove the rear panel (top too if necessary).

Remove the wires from the top element outer connections (make a note of where they go). and use the multimeter to check for continuity through the element.

If ok, do the same with the lower element.

One of them may be open circuit.

Let me know how you get on with the checks.

Thanks

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure if it caused the powercut but it's not been right since.

I'm not really familiar with circuitry & I haven't got a multimeter. What do you mean by open circuit & should I have an electrician look at it. It has a gas hob on top also & I'm not too keen on dislodging something that might cause a bigger problem.

REgards

PK

Hiya,

My guess is that the oven element has blown (gone open circuit) and it was this that tripped your mains.

If you are unable to remove the oven and check the elements with a multimeter I don't think you have much option other than call someone in to repair it.

You should be looking at least one new element.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Thanks for your help , I guess thats what I'll have to do.

Hiya,

You're welcome to the help. Thanks for the payment. Good luck with the repair.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer