Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  I have worked in the appliance industry ever since graduating from college.
13574879

Managed to get replacement fan oven element for Diplomat ADP4520

Customer Question

Managed to get replacement fan oven element for Diplomat ADP4520 OVEN, now how do I replace it please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
if you look inside your oven is the bake element visible or beneath the floor on this model?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
oh nevermind you said convection element I do appologize
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, the oven is in a property i own in Alnwick and the tenant has reported the element is caput. I live in Scotland. The tenant said he thinks the element can be reached through the back of the oven
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
Turn the power off to the oven. There is a back ceramic plate/wall held in by 2 or 4 screws that spans the entire back cavity of the oven. The screws are located near the corners of this panel. Remove these screws and the panel will come off. This give you direct access to the element. Take the screws out of the element and pull foward with the element. It will be attached to 3 wires. The outside 2 don't matter which one goes to which but make sure the MIDDLE one stays on the middle.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: I have worked in the appliance industry ever since graduating from college.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Isolate the appliance from the electricity supply first.

Inside the oven, remove the screws securing the back plate and remove the back plate.

This exposes the element. If it's screwed from there, take out the screws and carefully work the wiring through with the element as you remove it.

If it's not screwed from the inside, remove the rear of the oven and remove the nuts securing the element.

As they say in all the best programs, fitting is the reverse of the removal.

Good luck with your repair.

Thanks

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
exactly as I said.