Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

zanussi freestanding cooker zce7701x replacing old thermastat

zanussi freestanding cooker zce7701x replacing old thermastat et46th with et51 wiring old pin 2 to a on 51, old pin f to b on 51, old pins g/h to c on 51, it says link from g/h to 6 to remove or sever but there is no link from g/h pin 6 is on its own on the old et46th would like your opinion what to do thanks very much
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Is this the top or main oven stat?

What is the serial number of your machine? Prefix the serial with the letter A or it will be crossed out by the site.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

it is the main oven

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

it is the main oven serial no A 23500181

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
old et46th as pins 2,and pin 6, and pin F, and pins G/H together two wires, instructions for new et51 type says pin 2 to A on new et51, pin F to B on new et51, G/H to pin C on new et51 and link G/h to pin 6old stat remove or sever but ther is no link from G/H to 6 on old stat it as cable on pin 6 seperate
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
still waiting for reply
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

I know the old switch / stat has 4 connections.

2, 6, f/g and H

Can you tell me all the contacts on the new switch and any I've missed on the old one?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
new ET 51 switch as three connections A, B (two terminals), C (two terminals)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
instructions for f/freestanding appliances with no timer( these are paper instructions supplied with ET 51) . remove connection 2 and connect to A on new stat, remove connection F and connect to B on new stat, remove connection G/H and connect to C, link from G/H to 6 remove or sever
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry to keep asking questions, just want to get everything straight.

I'm now confused as I see on the diagram the wire on 6 is from 6 on the timer. Unfortunately I don't have a switch to meter out to see if 2 is switching through to 6.

I'll have to try and email a contact within Zanussi to see if I can get a clear answer on this one.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have got more instructions now as follows. remove connection(double tag) from 5 timer and connect to C on new stat, then cut off small link (F), remove connection 2 and connect to timer (5), remove connection from 6 and connect to A on new stat, remove connection from G/H and connect to B on new stat. also 2 does switch through to 6
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you meter the new switch please.

B switches to C but where does A switch to?

If you can tell me the combination of switching we'll manage to work this out.

The new instructions do make more sense but the wiring diagram I have doesn't show me internal switching on the timer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for your reply - A connected to 6 on timer
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

I got a reply from a contact at Zanussi and he gave this information.

Take cables from H on old stat and fit to B on new stat.

Take cable from 6 on old stat and fit to A on new stat.

Cut off link wire from 5 on timer to F on Thermostat. (Shorter wire of the two).

Take cable from 5 on timer and fit to C on new stat.

Take cables from 2 on old stat and fit to 5 on timer.

This seems to match up to the 2nd set of instructions you posted.

It also looks ok when compared to the wiring diagram for the appliance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks