Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

The terminal where the coex cable from the outside antenna

Customer Question

the terminal where the coex cable from the outside antenna connects got broke off.how can i find the circuittry to re connect
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: vizio mod is XVT423SV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NO
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?
Customer: possibility 1 year
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Steve and I am one of the TV experts here. I am in Maryland and have been helping customers like you on this site since 2005.

As we chat, please allow me time to research and type in an answer to your messages. I am a real technician so this can take a few minutes.

Let's get started! Are you saying that the coax terminal that sticks out the back of the TV has snapped off? I just need to be sure before we proceed.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we may continue.

Thanks

Steve

Expert:  Steve G. replied 14 days ago.

If that is the case, then you will need a replacement Main Board from that model of TV. Someone is selling on HERE. You would need to get that, open up your TV, and swap out the board. It is not a simple project by any means but it can be done.

You could also pay someone to do it for you. I would think it would be a $100-$150 job plus the cost of the board. IN all honesty, for a 42" TV, you can pick one up with a built in Roku for under $200 at BEST BUY.

Please let me know if you need further help. I'll be here.

All the best.

Steve

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you very much.i will take your advice