Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Remote control stopped working. Samsung HTC6930W. Started

Customer Question

remote control stopped working
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung HTC6930W
JA: How long has this been going on with your Samsung appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started yesterday after having dish network work on their remote
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Their remote controls volume on Samsung unit, they stated that pairing should not have affected Samsung remote controller
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Shahid. I am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today. One moment while I look over your question

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Shahid can we talk ok phone I have trouble seeing text
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Please check the light of BD RECEIVER/TV button on the Home Theater remote, is the light Orange or Green?

If the light is Green, please push the BD RECEIVER/TV button to get the light to Orange and try the remote

Does it work now?

Thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no, light doesn't come on
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Okay, please put fresh batteries in the Samsung Home Theater remote and check the BD RECEIVER/TV button light

Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Okay, please put fresh batteries in the Samsung Home Theater remote and check the BD RECEIVER/TV button light that should be Orange to get the remote working with the Home Theater system

Thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Advice didn't work, already put fresh batteries in
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Okay, let's verify the Samsung remote using a digital or cellphone camera to see if the remote is sending infrared signals

Please click the following video clip showing how to check the remote IR signals with a camera and reply back with the result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVB_mwXW--Y

Thanks