Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My sharp TV is frozen That remote control is not working at

Customer Question

My sharp TV is frozen That remote control is not working at all neither the buttons on the TV it keeps telling me to check the input but they're not allowing me is frozen OI have a blue Brown thing going around a run
JA: Are you using the correct remote? Alternately, do you see a menu button on the back of your Sharp TV?
Customer: Yes but is not working either is like the TV is S frozen Frozen
JA: What menu options do you see on your Sharp TV? Can you see the input source screen displayed?
Customer: None Is Let me know me to check input But the remote control or the TV the not letting me do this
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Sharp TV? Do you have the owner's manual available?
Customer: Since yesterday no I don't have the menu
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I need help thank you
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the Model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
55n3070uw2001or
G1733f2 I don't know which one is it
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I don't have $26 to talk to you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How much did you guys charge me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You already charge me and I haven't done you guys haven't done anything
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

My apologies for any confusion. I, personally, am not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have however paid the full agreed upon fees (deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

I would like to help you and provide value for that fee. For me to best be able to help you, please focus on our conversation here, and reading/replying to my responses, above.

Multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system with every additional message, so I'm only just now getting anything at all from you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

Please recheck the model number, what you sent is not valid.

The first portion (55n3070uw2001) is close and you're on the right track, but you have several incorrect/missing characters.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That is what is back of the TV
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I gave you all the numbers the way it is
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

What you provided is not valid, so there are some typos, incorrect characters, etc.

If it is difficult to get to or read, please send a photo so that I may see it directly.

Thank you

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
I haven't heard back with the details needed to get into specifics,
but if you still need help I can give you some general info to get you started.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds

4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, all for no significant extension to the life of the tv. You may get a few more months out of it, but other parts will continue to fail and need more and more investment. It would not be expected to last years+

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,